Friday, January 7, 2011

[PETA] Teaching Asisstance Reflection 2nd Week (Effective and Ineffective)

cr: http://zahraflower.files.wordpress.com
“This is the time!” that was the word which came out of my mind when second week of school experience come. Yes, second week of school experience had come to do team teaching. I was so nervous because have to teach in class, more nervous because that was the first time to teach in class. There are so many plans that came out of my mind to prepare everything in class. I thought how to handled the students if they do not pay attention or how to raise my volume of voice if they noisy and so on. Well, before my “team teaching” do teach the students in class, of course we have to see how is the master teacher teaches his students (even we did it in first week, but we have to observe again in the second week to more prepare our self in teaching later. By observe his way of teaching, we think that we can use the effective way like he did (of course we have to do something more interesting and better than he didJ) and remove the ineffective thing of his way.
Unfortunately, I forgot that during the school experience my master teacher didn’t have material to teach. During first and second week of our school experience, he only has examination and drama performance in class. I couldn’t observe anything I need to finish this journal. Then, I wasn’t give up at all to know what something effective and ineffective from his way of teaching. So I move to his lesson plan that really good to develop students’ aspects. I think that his lesson plan was really good and perfect. From his lesson plan, it seems that my master teacher is an update teacher because he uses so many sources of materials to teach the students.

cr: http://hornbillunleashed.files.wordpress.com
I was so abstract to know how is my master teacher teaches in class, so I decide to ask him directly. From the interview I found the effective and ineffective of his teaching way. The effective one is that he makes the students did group discussion in class to discuss or to solve the problem based on cases which he gave. I ask him how about the students when they did group discussion, then he answered that students usually like to do the group discussion because they can move around and complete each other opinion or help each other when one of them can not solve the problem. From what my master teacher explained to me, I had not concluded yet because I need to ask the students opinion too. So when I have chance to ask one of the student, I ask about the group discussions. I surprised with her answer. She said that she did really love group discussion. She said that when she stuck to answer the problem that her teacher gave, usually the other member of the group will give their opinion and discuss that opinion together. She didn’t feel bore when she did group discussion because she can move around and didn’t need to solve or answer questions by self. I asked her again, why are you so excited with moving around? Then she answered, “Because I didn’t feel sleepy”. Wow, I think my master teacher’s students were so nice because they excited to do group discussions. The students really impress to do it.
cr: http://astronomy101.jpl.nasa.gov
From my master teacher lesson plan I also found that there are some activities in class that do not appropriate in class. For example he asked the each student to do library research about the lesson on that day and make their own notes based on their understanding about the lesson. Then I asked him how about the result of their research? Then he answered that usually in the end of the material chapter, he asked the students to submit their note and he will mark it. I think better if he explains the material directly than he asked the students to do that. I think that the students maybe can cheat from the others without searching and understanding by themselves. I think my master teacher didn’t facilitate his students well as a teacher.
If I were the teacher I will make my class more interesting and make the students more active by doing the useful activities. I’m not saying that my master teacher’s way of teaching is bad, but I will do better in the future as a teacher to make my students better too. I will improve their skills as long as I improve my way of teaching too. I will give the materials to the students by doing some useful way, for example the students analyze the problem based on learning by themselves not only by group discussions. If they find the difficulties, I will facilitate them and do personal approaches to make them more understand the lesson. That’s what the students need from us as a teacher. Do you think the same friend?
cr: Ahndesu

0 komentar:

:10 :11 :12 :13
:14 :15 :16 :17
:18 :19 :20 :21
:22 :23 :24 :25
:26 :27 :28 :29
:30 :31 :32 :33
:34 :35 :36 :37
:38 :39 :40 :41
:42 :43 :44 :45
:46 :47 :48 :49
:50 :51 :52 :53
:54 :55 :56 :57
:58

Post a Comment